Veggie wraps may be one of the easiest of healthy lunch recipes to make, but do they taste good?
I felt skeptical too, but love the idea of combining healthy foods like veggies and whole grain, and decided to create my own veggie wrap. Because I'm a fan of Middle Eastern flavors, I used ingredients like hummus and tahini. To balance the strong flavors, I added blander foods like beans and quinoa.
This healthy lunch recipe turned out delicious! And of course, as expected, it was simple to do as well.
If you have a chance, you should absolutely give it a try--and add it to tomorrow's clean eating and weight loss meal plan.
Healthy Lunch Recipe: Veggie Quinoa Wrap
- Whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup of cooked organic quinoa
- 2 table spoons of hummus
- 1 tea spoon of Tahini
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Roasted minced garlic and red peppers
- 1 cup of romain leaves
- 1 cup of cooked kale
- 1 lemon wedge (or 1 tea spoon of lemon juice)
- 2 tea spoons of Tamari soy sauce
- 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar
1. Lay tortilla wrap flat on a plate.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all other ingredients, and mix well.
3. Spread mix evenly on tortilla.
4. Roll tortilla into a wrap and cut in half.
There you go.
Healthy, tasty and one of the easiest healthy lunch recipes I've tried. See? Healthy foods don't always taste bad. I hope you enjoy this veggie and quinoa wrap as much as I did.
Thanks for visiting Clean Eating Weight Loss Meal Plan!
Again, I hope you enjoyed today's clean eating recipe.
And please come back for more healthy lunch recipes and clean eating ideas!
See you soon.
USDA-Certified organic, kosher, GMO-free, gluten-free and made with the finest sesame seeds, this delicious spread adds serious flavor to foods. If you want to "spice" up a meal, this Tahini sauce makes a great choice!
Find it at Kevala Organic Tahini.